Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Unwanted - Secret Police

Back to punk classics, and boy is this one. It's "The Unwanted's" second single and in my opinion their best. released on the legendary "Raw Records", the a-side is a punked up reggae style song called "Secret Police" (does anyone know which punk band first used the reggae style?).

The b-side is even better. Move over Nancy Sinatra for a pure punk cover of "These Boot Were Made For Walking". I love it, and so will you.

More etching trivia which again I have no clue what it is about, on the a-side it say: "Eye spy" and on the b-side "Cobblers".

Band: The Unwanted
Label: Raw Records
Year: 1978
Tracks:
1. Secret Police
2. These Boots Are Made For Walking

Ripped from glorious scratched vinyl:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One I haven't got & B-side is 'kin excellent! Cheers again Gary! Andy C.

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Andy, thanks for the comment. I told you it was good, glad you liked it.