Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Skids - Charles

This was the Skids debut single, In my opinion they got better as they went along (I will post some of their classics later), but this is by no means a bad start.

The a-side " Charles" is on a few of the "best of" albums, but I don't think "Reasons" and "Test-Tube Babies are, so here they are just for you.

"Charles" and "Test Tube Babies" are the best tracks, and you can definitely hear strands and riffs of the "The Skids" to come.



Band: The Skids
Label: No Bad Records
Year: 1978
Tracks:
1. Charles
2. Reasons
3. Test-Tube Babies

Ripped from glorious scratched vinyl:



If you like then you won't go far wrong buying this one (it hasn't got all the b-sides, but don't worry I will post them for you).
The Best of the Skids
The Best of the Skids

5 comments:

jeffen said...

Crap!

Just found your site (thanks to Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf) and added you to the blog roll right away.


Excellent Work (I love when people post the b-sides!!)

http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.com/

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Jeffen thanks for your comment, just been over to your blog, very nice.

I recommend everyone takes a visit.

jeffen said...

Thanks for the kind words and the add.

Gotta check out the Yellow Dog now...

arstider said...

Hello again

This is another GREAT band.
Do you have their dubbelsingles? If I remember right some of those tracks isn't on any CD.

Best wishes from Sweden

Punkzer0 said...

Hi arstider, yes I have got the double singles, and I will post them sometime soon. So keep visiting, they will come.