Tuesday 5 August 2014

XTC - 3D EP

Most people will know XTC from some of their commercial hits like "Making Plans For Nigel". This a different and in my opinion a much better XTC.

3D Ep was their first single (released on 7" and 12" - mine is the 12" copy -lots of scans again). When I first heard "Science Friction" I was blown away, a brilliant song which hooks you instantly. The other two tracks are pretty good as well.

They did release a decent debut album and one other single before they become too poppy for me.

Band: XTC
Label: Virgin
Year: 1977
Tracks:
1. Science Friction
2. She's So Square
3. Dance Band

Ripped from glorious scratched vinyl:



If you like then try out their first album:
White Music
White Music

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"They did release a decent debut album and one other single before they become too poppy for me..."

Ha, ha, ha!!!!!!

Punkzer0 said...

Hi anon thanks for the comment, Glad to make you laugh. Its funny now reading it, it does sound a bit naff, I knock them out and never really check them. For what its worth I think their first album is outstanding and from then on they were a bit too poppy fop me