Tuesday 5 August 2014

Cash Pussies - 99% is Shit

The beginning, middle and end of this song have quotes spoken by Sid vicious, with his final comments providing a spooky predication of what was to come.

The title of this tracks "99% is shit" is also taken from a Sid Quote which can be heard at the beginning of this track.

Although the Cash Pussies clearly jumped on the "Sid is Dead" gravy train, I really like this song and it has always sat on compilations I have made up. This is a supposedly double a-side single but "cash flow" is poor, but I leave it hear for completeness and for you to make your own minds up.


Band: Cash Pussies
Year: 1979
Label: The Label
Tracks:
1. 99% is Shit
2. Cash Flow

So ripped from glorious scratched vinyl

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your extremely cool blog. Just downloaded this - I have the original 7", but wanted a digital version. A highly under-rated single, I think. Ideosyncratic style & needs to be better known.

I know they weren't a "real" band, but just wondered , does anyone know if they recorded anything else??

Best wishes from London,

James

Punkzer0 said...

Hi James, thanks for the comment and I'm glad you like the blog.

I have always been a fan of this song, there was a follow up single check out punk77 (link in sidebar) under UK bands, but I'm afraid I haven't got it

Anonymous said...

Hello again - as you can see I have just recently found your blog and decided to have a good look round - great stuff on it!

I've been looking for the songs off this single for years... I used to have the vinyl but it went walkabout - so to find your share was a very happy thing indeed. Cheers.

Punkzer0 said...

Hi jenx thanks for your comment, much appreciated.

it's a great single, one I always come back to. I lost so many records over the years, so I know what its like.

Keep coming and keep leaving comments, it makes doing the blog worthwhile.

By the way did you like the Clash tracks?

All the best, Gary

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary... it's always the same isn't it, all the old vinyl just disappears over the years. Can't remember if I sold it, swapped it or it was nicked. So yeah it's great to find the gems again. Especially for me now that I don't own a record player anymore.

(The Clash tracks were a surprise, I commented at that post).

Punkzer0 said...

Hi jenx, you gotta get a turntable again, theres just something thats right about them.

Anonymous said...

Yes I should really - and then have the fun of re-collecting the vinyl.

Anonymous said...

thank you -- I hadn't heard this for 30 years until yesterday.

~steve

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Steve thanks for taking the time to comment and glad you enjoyed.