Tuesday 5 August 2014

Subway Sect - Nobodys Scared

Now I'm gonna be a little biased here. As far as I'm concerned everything that Vic Goddard has been involved with is brilliant. I have stuck with him through all of his incarnations (punk to swing to world music to whatever) and I have loved everything.

And this is the song that started it. In fact I saw Subway Sect first and then bought the single. This for me was what punk was about. I love the b-side as well (but then I would) even though I admit for some it might take a little getting used to.

But now you can make up your own mind. Try out the legendary Subway Sect and tell me what you think.

Band: Subway Sect
Label: Braik Records
Year 1978
tracks:
1. Nobodys Scared
2. Dontsplitit

Ripped from glorious scratched vinyl:



I was going to say, if you like then buy this, a good snapshot of all Vics different styles, but its only available on the market place from £45 - So if you like the posting tell me and I will post some more. Come on whoever owns this stuff - re-release it.
20 Odd Years: the Best of Vic Godard & the Subway Sect
20 Odd Years: the Best of Vic Godard & the Subway Sect

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, thought I'd give you a shout, always liked this song, unfortunately what you have here is just about all the Subway Sect I've been exposed to, and so wondered if you'd put a couple more tracks up oif

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I hit enter and my post got severed. Just to say if you have time, a few more Subway Sect tracks would be very much appreciated, the CD re-release (which I think is now out) is very hard to get hold of in record stores, thanks very much.

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Merthyr, don't worry there is more Subway Sect stuff coming.

C B said...

This single rips. One of my favorites from the era so far, and I only heard it for the first time here.

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Chris lad you like it, Subway Sect have always been one of my favourite bands, and this tracks one of my favourite singles. Your right it rips.