Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant

I was going through all my Vinyl’s thinking what should I post next, and came across the Sex Pistols, I passed them over thinking everyone has all of the Pistols singles, and then I went back and thought I bet a lot of people have not heard the b-sides .
So here is the first "Sex Pistol's" posting “Pretty Vacant”, the b-side is a cover of Iggy Pops “No Fun” at a massive 6.32 mins long, and the way it ends I wonder if it should have been longer. I love the "Pistols" nihilistic approach to music, and well everything really. I don’t think they were ever going to last, there was something so destructive about their music, the way they played and even the way they talked. And that’s just how they approach “No Fun”, Rotten really emphasises that he is having no fun, even though I think he may well be. The start is excellent with a bit of classic "Rotten" adlibbing “Right, here we go now, a sociology lecture, a bit of psychology, a bit of neurology a bit of f***ology, No Fun”
Band: The Sex Pistol
Label: Virgin
Year: 1977
Tracks:
1. Pretty Vacant
2. No Fun

I was going to recommend this, but everyone’s already got it, haven’t they?
Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols
Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols




3 comments:

arstider said...

Think this was the first Pistols single I bought. Was in England at the time...... Did have some trouble to find "God Save the Queen" but at last I did find it, Virgins store Oxford street. Lots of memories.......

Best wishes from Sweden

Anonymous said...

the b-side was cut short for the single . . . full version has since been released on CD . . .

Punkzer0 said...

Thanks for the update anon. I still only have thevinyls for the Pistols so looks like I'm gonna have to invest in the CD now.