Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Dials - All I Here

The Dials were a local band from Sunbury (Middlesex). I'm not sure how well they are known (there is no mention on punk77).

They did have some association with the Members and this record was produced by Nicky Tesco from the Members.


This was their first and I think only recording, again if anyone has anything else, I would be interested.


All I Hear is great, fast and loud with lots of saxophone which apart from X-Ray Spex was rare for punk bands. The b-side in my opinion is too long and nothing special, See what you think


Band: The Dials
Label: Scene Records
Year: 1979
Tracks:
1. All I Hear
2 Running

So ripped from glorious scratched vinyl, the Dials

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site! Neon Heearts are a great band if you like old-school with some sax in it! Ed anotherstateofmindphoto.co.uk

Punkzer0 said...

Thanks for the comment Anon, I know of the Neon Hearts, but have never heard of them. I will give the link a go.

All the best Gary

Billy said...

Local heroes: The record was pressed by the Dials nearest record shop, Record Scene (of Ashford, Middlesex) hence 'Scene Records'. The band didn't last long. That part of the south-western suburbs of London, known then as the 'commuter belt' was a hotbed of biff-bash non Kings Road punk, The Members were from Englefield Green/Camberley, the Jam from Sheerwater in Woking; Sham 69 from Hersham/wa;ton-on-Thames. The 'proper' 1976/77 punk band from that neck of the woods, ie no record and never played in London were Sarkazm from Egham Hythe.

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Billy, I'd forgotten the name of that record shop so thanks. I saw the dials outside the Scene, I think it was for the release of the single.