Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Saints - This Perfect Day

The guys over at Killed By Death Records (see link) commented in my Damned posting that the first Punk record was actually the Ramones, “Blitzkrieg Bop” and the second song was The Saints, “I’m Stranded”. This immediately reminded me how brilliant and underrated the Saints are, so I thought I would post “I’m Stranded”, but KBD have done this already (check this link), so I’m going for their second equally excellent second single “This Perfect Day”.

If you haven’t heard this then you are in for a real treat

I purchased this on 12” and you will see from the sticker that they added a song “Do The Robot” which they said would not be released anywhere else. I feel a little cheated as it was eventually released on a compilation, but hey that promise was a long time ago, and at least it allows others to hear all of the Saints material.

You need to know how painful it is to scan 12” covers – 4 scans and then knit them together (does anyone have a better method?), but I want you to see these covers as they were.

Band: The Saints
Label: Harvest
Year: 1977
Tracks:
1. This Perfect Day
2. Do The Robot
3. L-I-E-S

Ripped from glorious scratched vinyl:


If you like this posting, then go and buy this excellent album:
I'm Stranded [Bonus Tracks] (Australian Import]
I'm Stranded [Bonus Tracks] (Australian Import]

3 comments:

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

I can't even scan the 4 bits of the cover, without it all going pear shapped, bloody technology!

Anonymous said...

I heard Peel play this version of Do The Robot and went and got the LP with the slow version! Bumm
Thanks for letting me get this propper verion.

Punkzer0 said...

Glad to help anon.