Tuesday 5 August 2014

Plain Characters - I Am A


OK the next one is a bit of a weird one, it’s definitely not punk, I don’t know what to call it (any opinions on genre?), and I struggle to say why I like it so much (what do you think?) I don’t know much about the band (found a few hits on Google) and I can’t even remember buying this single.
For completeness I have included the b-side even though I don’t rate it.
This was always a favourite with friends, hence why it is so crackly and scratched.

The sleeve is a gatefold. with lyrics as well, which I have included a higher resolution copy in the download.
Band: The Plain Characters
Label: Rouge
Year: 1977
Name: I Am A / Very Peculiar Julia
So see what you think, ripped from glorious scratched vinyl to inferior mp3, "I Am A":







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this song - Thanks for sharing