Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Cortinas - John Peel Sessions

This one was inspired by the recent "Cortinas live" posting from Nuzz Prowling Wolf which you can see here.

I posted their debut single "Fascist Dictator/Television Families" back in January of this year of which Television Families has always been one of my favourite tracks, so it was great hearing it live again. So I dug out my old tapes and found this recording from the John Peel show.

So you get four tracks from the this session recorded on the 16th July 1977. The first is "Defiant Pose" their second single, next up is my pick of the bunch the excellent b-side of their debut single "Television Families". The third track"Having It" to my knowledge has never been released in any other form than these sessions. Last up is a track from their debut album "True Romance " called "Further Educations".

Band: The Cortinas
Label: John Peel Sessions
Year: 1977
Tracks:
1. Defiant Pose
2. Television Families
3. Having It
4. Further Education

Ripped from glorious hissing tape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,please,i wanted UK band THE ZEROS,have some single published in 1980,name of this single is SPACEWARD demo (1980),you have some thing of this band?here's myspace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=67663401 ,thanks for some help

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Anon sorry I ain't got that one