Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Bad Actors - Are They Hostile (Repost)

This is a repost of 'The Bad Actors' for a couple of reasons, firstly I got it wrong when I said I think the Damned were involved, and secondly the lead singer of 'The Bad Actors' left the following comment:



Captain said...
Well, strangely enough, I was the band's lead singer, and no, The Damned were not involved in any way, although we used to see Captain Sensible in the queue at the Croydon Unemployment Office, and we did once support Brian James.

"Strange Love" was the only other single, but was more arty-farty and not so punky, unlike the B-Side which rocks but is a crap recording.

The band eventually split, with some of the others going on to do typical 80s pop stuff, while I became a recording engineer.

A few years ago I came out of retirement and currently front a punkpop band "MARC and the Millionaires", so if you download this, do me a favour and visit the homepage and/or the myspace rubbish: www.marcandthemillionaires.com

So I hope you don't mind the shameless plug, and otherwise, thanks for uploading this, I haven't heard it in years!

Cheers

MARC
So if you did download this gem of a song, then do Marc a favour and go and visit his link.
if you didn't download it now and then go and visit his link.

Message to Mark if you've got a copy of your second single, ASFM would be happy to post it (and I wouldn't mind hearing it).

Band: the Bad Actors
Label: Plastic Speech
Year: 1980
Tracks
1. Are They Hostile
2. Love Song

Ripped from glorious scratched vinyl:

2 comments:

Vom said...

Hi, just to let you know (and plug my blog while I'm at it, it's new) I've just posted the other Bad Actors 7" here

Thanks for posting this one, I didn't know it existed!

Unknown said...

The name of this band reminds me of an article I read which was discussing the most difficult actors to work with. Unfortunately some of my favorite actors like Russell Crowe had made it to that list.