Tuesday 5 August 2014

Cyanide - Your Old Man / Fireball

If you were going to categorise Cyanide, on the basis of this their third single you, would class them as 'Oi'. but when I saw them many years ago they definitely came over as punk.

The only real thing I can remember about 'Cyanide' is that I saw them at the Marquee in Wardour Street and the singer came on wearing a 'flashers mac' all buttoned up walking around looking furtive and started a song about hanging around the toilets, and then he shouted:

"Got a light"

"Here cop this"

and he pulls open his mac to reveal a weasel/stoat (or some animal) head on a long furry neck strap on.

Well it made me laugh. The song was 'Mac The Flash' and was their second single. You can find two versions of this if you buy the album linked below.

The label shows 'Fireball' as the a-side and 'Your Old Man' on the aa-side being a double a-side single. But the cover implies 'Your old Man' is the a-side. Don't know why, and I am now wondering why I even bothered pointing this out. Leave a comment and tell me what you think should be the a-side?

Band: Cyanide
Label: Pinnacle
Year: 1979
Tracks:
1. Your Old Man
2. Fireball

Ripped from glorious scratched vinyl:

If you like this then buy this, all the singles plus more:
The Cyanide Punk Rock Collection
The Cyanide Punk Rock Collection

No comments: