Tuesday 5 August 2014

Blitzkreig Bop - Let's Go

Another gem from 77. Blitzkreig Bop initially released their debut single 'Let's Go' on the Mortonsound ' label with only 500 copies, it was then re-recorded (different version and b-sides) on Lightning records. In my opinion the second release was better.

Before everyone says I spelled their name wrong, you will see from the scan this is how it appeared on the record (not sure of this was a mistake or not, but if you follow this link you can go the Blitzkrieg Bop home page where you can find out everything there is to know).

All three tracks are great, but for me 'Let's Go' was their best ever recording (both versions actually).

Band: Blitzkreig Bop
Label: Lightning Records
Year: 1977
Tracks:
1. Let's Go
2. Life Is Just A So So
3. Mental Case

Ripped from glorious scratched vinyl:


If you like then check out their Top of The Bops' album, both versions of 'Let Go' and lots more.
Top of the Bops
Top of the Bops

8 comments:

JamesTrash said...

Both versions of "Let's Go" were great. "Life Is Just A So So" on this was nice too. But for sheer stupidity, "Bugger Off" from the Mortonsound 7" is hard to top.

45 Revolutions said...

Yep. I agree, James: "Bugger Off" is my favourite too.

Mind you, considering the opinions previously expressed here about Gary Glitter and his (alleged) unfortunate preference for the underaged, you might want to reconsider the 'Bop, I guess.

But shit, it doesn't make "Bugger Off" any less of a great track, does it? Folk as wot think that, well, yes it does, actually, are hereby invited to forthwith send me their Mortonsound 7" to get it out of the house.

Punkzer0 said...

James, I still rate 'Let's go' as their best (both versions), but I have to agree 'Bugger off' is excellent.

Hey 45 Revs I will live with the 'Bop' I have done up till today so it's a bit late in the day to give up now.

45 Revolutions said...

Gary, I agree about the 'Bop: whatever Blank Frank gets up to in his spare time won't stop the records being good. I also grew up to a soundtrack of Gary Glitter, and no amount of suspect-doings in his private life is going to turn me off "I Didn't Know I Loved You Til I Saw You Rock'n'Roll". I'm not sure there can be a justification for 'discarding' Glitter whilst 'keeping' Blitzkrieg Bop...?

Punkzer0 said...

Mario I think you may have misunderstood my opinion. I have all of Gary Glitters singles myself which like you I purchased as a kid and I would never discard them because of what he has done. I would however not buy anything from him now, as I would not want to contribute knowingly towards him paying for his other interests.

I still love his old singles, right up to 'It Takes All Night long'

By the way what has Blank Frank got up to? I wasn't aware of anything.

45 Revolutions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
45 Revolutions said...

(I'm Steve, not Mario! Mario is so 'old-school' that he probably doesn't even know what a blog is... I worked with Mario on the book.)

You say you wouldn't buy any Glitter stuff now, but you are encouraging folk to buy the Blitzkrieg Bop CD. I agree it's a good CD so I shall say no more! Shall we move on?!?

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Steve, sorry about the mistake with your name.

I agree let's move on.