Monday 4 August 2014

Ultravox - Paradise Theatre, Boston: March 3rd 1979

Number three of five, and the second night at the Paradise Theatre in Boston.

Although this one is not the same quality as the previous radio recording it's well worth having, as it contains the first airing and recording of the song "Radio Beach" (which I don't think is available on any studio recording - anyone?). This version is a little ramshackle but if you do like it, there's a better version coming in the next post.

So leave a comment and tell ASFM what you think of Radio Beach, and the rest of this gig.

Band: Ultravox
Year: 1979
Album: Live at the Paradise Theatre, Boston, Massachusetts, March 3rd 1979
Tracks:
1. The Man Who Dies Everyday
2. Slipaway
3. Slow Motion
4. Hiroshima Mon Amour
5. Touch And Go
6. Artificial Life
7. Just For A Moment
8. He's A Liquid
9. Quiet Men
10. Radio Beach
11. I Can't Stay Long
12. Someone Else's Clothes
13. Blue Light
14. RockWrock
15. My Sex

Ripped from glorious hissing tape (see comments for link)

If you like this, and you haven't got their first three albums, then you're like this compilation of tracks from them, and at only £2.48, how can you go wrong?
The Island Years

8 comments:

Punkzer0 said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?emnndzu3hhj

You know what to do

Anonymous said...

hi

great concert thanks.are there any demo versions availiable from the first 3 albums.i heard a while ago when ultravox had all their albums remastered that there was unreleased material in the vaults but alas it did not come about

arstider said...

Ultravox w/John Foxx = :-D

Best wishes from Sweden

ROOKSBY said...

Wow, finally I get to hear "Radio Beach" - really looking forward to this one... x

Punkzer0 said...

To the first anon I am not aware of any demo sessions, although all of the reissued first three albums have extra tracks of unreleased stuff. Which pisses me of as I bought the albums first time round, then the CD's and now they reissue them again.

I'm with you there Arstider, Mr Foxx is the man.

I hpoe you like it Novemberer.

Thanks for the Cheers anon

EricC said...

Radio Beach was never released in any form elsewhere. I saw them on this tour (in Grinnell IA opening for the Police, they blew them off the stage) and they did it there. I looked for it ever since and finally got it in a trade (one of the shows you have here, I'd need to go look) a year or so ago. It's not a great song, but a good one. I'm kind of amazed that John didn't even use the music for something.

Punkzer0 said...

Hi Eric, thanks for the comment. I agree its a good song and not a great one, but its always special for people to hear something new.

Luis Ramirez 17 said...

the link is dead, can you re-upload please????