Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Carpettes - The Carpettes EP

I promised you some more from the Small Wonder label and here it is.

The Carpettes first single (ep), I really like this ep it has a couple of classic punk songs, "Help I'm Trapped" at a fast 1.03 minutes long.

Radio Wunderbarr has the classic end of track silence and then it leaps into life again. As was usual for Punk singles there was often witty comments or attempts to shock - Not sure which one was being attempted but the cover has the following comments: All fans, perverts, girls with big tits, major record companies telephone Houghton-Le-Spring 845246



Band: The Carpettes
Label: Small Wonder
Year: 1977
Tracks:
1. How About Me And You
2. Help I'm Trapped
3. Radio Wunderbar
4. Cream Of The Youth


So ripped from glorious scratched vinyl

If you like this there are two CD's worth acquiring, the first
The Best of the Carpettes
The Best of the Carpettes

This one does not have the classic "Help I'm trapped" and "Cream of the Youth" but does some of their other singles.

The second is the best as it has the ep and their classic track "Small Wonder" which I will serve at a later date, as well as some classic John Peel sessions, so this is the one I would go for:
The Early Years: 1977-1978
The Early Years: 1977-1978

There are a couple more of which I have not heard any of the tracks, if anyone has drop me a comment.

No comments: